DeskTask Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. There is an error when I start DeskTask saying : The specified module could not be found or there is an error when refreshing data
You might have a damaged Outlook installation. For more details read this
Other problems may be related to non English versions of Outlook which might not work with DeskTask.
Contact us via the Forum, so that we can determine the problem.
2. I have a French/German/Polish/Portuguese Outlook installation and DeskTask is not showing data properly
DeskTask was only developed and tested on English versions of Outlook. Apparently regional versions of Outlook, have small variations that can be a problem for DeskTask when reading Outlook Data.
Due to limitations on resources, we can't test and guarantee DeskTask to work on all versions of Outlook.
3. How to move DeskTask Window around the Desktop?
Simply point the mouse cursor over the calendar or task icons click and drag it. Release the mouse button in the desired position.
4. What is Restore Position for?
If you don't use the snap to desktop edges option, on certain occasions the DeskTask can go off the desktop, Restore position, ensures the window to go to a visible position.
5. I use another program to track my tasks, can DeskTask display them?
At the present moment DeskTask only works with Microsoft Outlook. And there are no plans to
be compatible with other PIM programs. However this might change in the future.
6. The desktop window has a black background and does not become transparent
Some drivers and / or driver applications may corrupt DeskTask transparency abilities.
It's known that the ATI drivers may have some issues regarding transparent window
effects. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphic cards.
7. I Have a dual monitor setup and I can't drag the window to the second monitor
Uncheck "Snap to Desktop edges" in the general page of DeskTask Options.
Once unchecked the DeskTask desktop window can be dragged to the other monitor
8. Does DeskTask contain any Adware or similar?
DeskTask or any software available from Carthago Software does not
contain Adware/Spyware/Trojans or Virus.
DeskTask have been tested by
using leading antivirus scanners and found it 100% Clean
9. DeskTask does not display right with ClearType turned on
There is an option to turn off ClearType
when drawing on the Desktop since version 1.1
10. All tasks written in Russian from Outlook are viewed by the DeskTask in ???? symbols. What can I do to fix it?
Russian characters and other Unicode
based languages are not supported by DeskTask.
11. I want to display data from another Outlook calendar
DeskTask only supports the default Outlook calendar. Third party calendars, that can be integrated in Outlook cannot be accessed by DeskTask.
If you have another question regarding DeskTask, please use our Forums.
Microsoft, Windows and Outlook are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Corporation in no way endorses or is affiliated
with Carthago Software. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.