MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /  

Meminfo broken after right-click the icon in system tray

Tmdtmdtmdqq
#1 | Posted: 27 Aug 2024 02:05 | Edited by: Tmdtmdtmdqq 
A few days ago, I upgraded MemInfo from version 3.5 to 4.0 SR1. I hadn't encountered any issues until today.
When I right-clicked the MemInfo icon in the system tray, the application crashed unexpectedly. Even after restarting meminfo, the problem persists.

meminfo broken (with dump file in it)

I have placed the two crash dump files in above image. You can download the image and simply change the file extension to .rar to extract it.

After some time, meminfo is now able to start normally, and right-clicking works as expected. I suspect that it may have been caused by insufficient memory, even though there is still 0.94GB of free physical memory available on the system. Please investigate this issue, thanks.

Andre Santos
Carthago
#2 | Posted: 27 Aug 2024 23:18 
Hi,

Thanks for the report, I'll check the dump files.

Let me know if it happens frequently or is it a rare event.

Thanks,

André Santos
Carthago Software Support
https://www.carthagosoft.net

Tmdtmdtmdqq
#3 | Posted: 19 Sep 2024 05:20 
Today, Meminfo crashed again when I right-clicked the MemInfo icon in the system tray.
However, upon checking the current system memory,
I found that physical memory usage is at 11.81GB (out of a total of 14.95GB),
and the PageFile usage is at 13.17GB (out of 16.6GB, with a maximum limit of 20GB).
It seems that the system currently has enough free memory, yet Meminfo still crashes.
I used WinDbg to analyze the dumped file, and the error appears to be in the same location as I previously posted about.

meminfo-broken2
I have placed the two NEW crash dump files in above image. You can download the image and simply change the file extension to .rar to extract it.

MemInfo Carthago Software forums / MemInfo /
 Meminfo broken after right-click the icon in system tray

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.